Things to consider prior to adopting a pet:
- The time commitment involved with owning a pet. Some animals may live up to 20 years.
- What are your future plans? Will you be moving?
- Some animals do not interact well with children or other animals in the home.
- Having furry family members also requires a financial commitment - food, vet care, medical care, toys, etc.
Bringing your new pet home:
- Any animal regardless of being a rescue or not, it will have an adjustment period to their new environment. PLEASE be patient.
- Changes in an animal's life may potentially cause anxiety for them.
- During the adjustment period (which may be up to three months), the animal may exhibit temporary behavior.
- Your new pet may not know it will be staying in the new environment and is nervous it will be moved again.
- The quickest way to establish a feeling of security for your new pet is to create a daily routine for them.