Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the SPCA Suncoast!
We are grateful for the support we receive from our volunteers in sharing their care and love to our shelter animals. There are many steps in running the shelter and we rely on the talent of people in our community. Please review the information below prior to applying.
At this time we are unable to offer court-ordered community service hours.
We are not accepting applications at this time
Requirements for volunteering at SPCA Suncoast:
- Potential volunteers must be at least 16 years of age (no exceptions due to liability policy).
- Must have access to email and phone.
- Must be adaptable to work well with others since volunteers interact with employees, the public, and other volunteers.
- Agree to a background check.
- Attend an in-person orientation at the shelter.
- Must wear appropriate clothing and protective closed toe shoes at all times.
Steps in becoming an SPCA Suncoast volunteer:
- Apply online (please fill out the form below).
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are held two times a month; the first Saturday of the month @ 2 pm and the third Thursday of the month @ 2 pm. If you sign-up for an orientation and can't make the orientation, please let us know in advance.
- Additional training - There may be additional training for the position you will be volunteering for.